BRIDPORT Reserves ended a 12-game losing streak in emphatic style with a 10-0 win over fellow Dorset Premier League strugglers Sturminster Marshall.

Adam Herring’s men had not tasted victory since the opening day of the season, courtesy of a 2-0 win over Bournemouth Sports.

But they were bolstered by a sprinkling of first-team players and Marshall’s renowned troubles this season.

Stur have won many admirers for battling on in the face of several double-digit defeats this season however, when Bridport entered half-time 4-0 up, the game was already won.

READ MORE: Bridport Reserves lose 12th game in succession

Ali Kamara’s overhit cross lobbed the Stur keeper for 1-0 before Brad Rowe’s cut-back, helped in by an away defender, doubled Bridport’s lead.

Rowe’s fellow first-team regular Riley Weedon hammered a low 20-yarder for 3-0 and Rowe’s tidy finish put Bridport in total control.

Kamara grabbed his second after the break, slotting home from Weedon’s clever flick, and Josh Baker got in on the act by netting the sixth from Ryan Gall’s set-up.

Baker completed his brace and Rowe recorded a hat-trick for 8-0 as Marsh tired and Ryan Leader followed up on his own parried shot to make it nine.

There was still time for Gall to make it double figures, heading home a corner as Bridport earned their second league win of the season.

Although the victory was not enough to move the Bees out of the bottom two, Herring was simply pleased to halt Bridport’s losing run.

He told the Bridport News: “We were fairly strong with the first team not having a game, so I felt a bit sorry for them.

“I suppose they looked at it, playing a team one place above them, that they might have a closer game but we had a strong side out.

“It’s just good to get that run of defeats over with. It will just take the pressure off them going into the next game knowing we’re not on that massive run.

“It’s lifted that off them and me, and everyone involved with the reserves.

“I don’t think we can take too much from the performance but the priority was to end that run.”

Herring added: “It was a regulation victory with the class in the team of Riley and Brad who would be massive against any other team.

“It’s helped us and I still thought we would’ve beaten them by a few with our standard team out.”

Herring’s side are now expected, through cup ties, to be without a game until Saturday, November 11 when Sherborne Town Reserves visit St Mary’s Field (2pm).

Bees: Cuff, Elliott, Gall, Leader (Adler), Mansley, Thorpe, Weedon (Carlile), Baker, Etherington (Kapurs), Rowe (Bult), Kamara (Kirkbride).