TABLE-TOPPING Bridport were rampant at Salisbury Thirds on a horrid afternoon, winning 57-19 in Wadworth 6X Dorset & Wilts Two South to preserve their unbeaten record.

With the heavy underfoot weather conditions suiting the Blues’ forwards, a rolling maul saw the ball passed out for Mitch Waters to force a gap and then offload to Ellis Blackburn, who scored the opening try, converted by Waters.

Unfortunately for Bridport, Salisbury came straight back at them and an unseen knock-on let Salisbury score a converted try.

With Bridport’s forwards now starting to gain supremacy in the scrum, the visitors saw the ball go through the hands of scrum-half Andrei Carlin to fly-half Nathan Herbert to the in-form Waters, who forced his way over the line before converting his score for 14-7.

Again, Bridport allowed Salisbury to comeback. A poor clearance kick allowed them to get ball in hand and with missed tackles they scored a converted try to level.

From the restart, there was good forward pressure and a quick ball which was passed out to Herbert who ran a strong line with Oscar Tompkins in support to score.

Another good restart allowed Bridport to continue the pressure. Salisbury gave away a penalty which allowed them to gain extra ground and a pre-planned move resulted in Waters going over for his second converted try and Bridport claiming the bonus point before half-time.

At 28-14, continued Bridport pressure, despite a misfiring line-out, meant service to the three quarters was slow but another fine move saw Blackburn go over.

The Blues were now enjoying themselves and the forwards and backs combined with ball in hand which resulted in Herbert scoring his second try.

Unfortunately, Bridport were caught napping and again missed tackles which resulted in Salisbury scoring an unconverted try for 38-19.

This had the desired effect and from a quickly taken penalty, Will Murley ran strongly. This continued pressure resulted in Sam Petchey scoring, with Waters adding the extras.

Again Bridport, using their dominance, saw Tom Gamwell burst through gaining valuable ground into Salisbury’s 22 and a fine offload to George Hussey allowed him to stroll over. Once the try was converted by Waters it took the score past 50 points.

Waters finished off another fine performance by scoring his hat-trick try, which he converted to take the final score to 57-19.

The Blues’ next match is home to Swanage & Wareham Thirds on Saturday, December 7.