BRIDPORT Reserves manager Shaun Annetts was disappointed after they were dealt another blow as their home game against Blandford will have to be replayed in the Dorset Premier League.

The match was abandoned after the 67th minute when Rob Way for the away side broke his leg following a fair challenge with Jake Mansley with the two sides then deadlocked at 1-1.

Annetts said: "It is not an ideal scenario but it is what it is and I cannot do anything about it. Best wishes to the Blandford player and I hope he makes a speedy recovery for that horrible injury.

"Jake absolutely no fault of his, it was a good challenge. Both players went into the challenge and it is just unfortunate that these things happen from time to time."

As a result of the fixture pile-up the reserves have had their scheduled away match at Shaftesbury Town Reserves changed so that they can instead face Gillingham Town to take advantage of the first team not having a match.

It had been a good match up until this point with both teams near the foot of the Dorset Premier League table but Blandford had the better opening.

A superb chance in the 15th minute after a cross into the Bridport box saw a shot fly in seemingly destined for the net but Billy Fleet in goal managed to respond superbly and keep the ball out.

This seemed to wake up the home side who started to get a much better foothold in the match as chances fell for Kriss Radivosja and Declan Cornish but Blandford did open the scoring.

Nathan Storey gave away a penalty from a challenge in the box, which was greeted by frustration from the home side, and it was subsequently dispatched by William Johnson after 25 minutes despite Fleet getting a hand to it.

The Bees bounced back and responded by having a good spell of their own and got their reward when Brandon Scadding played in Radivosja on the right-hand side near the corner of the box, the keeper decided to come out towards him and Radivosja chipped the ball into the net after 40 minutes.

The two sides went in level at the break but Bridport came out on top, creating chances and leaving Fleet with very little to do.

The game had been clean up until the 67th minute when Mansley made the fair challenge which resulted in a broken leg for Way.

A paramedic was on the scene very quickly and the decision was taken to abandon the match after about 10 minutes to allow Way to not be moved until the ambulance arrived.

The decision was taken to take him into the treatment room to wait for the ambulance to arrive prompting Annetts to believe that the match could have been resumed prompting the disappointment.

Annetts said: "I wish Rob Way all the best with his recovery but nevertheless I felt that maybe the decision to abandon the game was made a bit too prematurely."

The game will subsequently be replayed at a later date and the replay will add to the numerous games that are due to be played at St Mary's Field before the end of the season, with both the first team and the reserves having seen a lot of postponements due to the weather.

Annetts said: "It means another fixture that we have got to try and fit in at Bridport, which is going to be difficult with the amount of home games that we have got and the amount of home games that the first team have got. So all in all it felt a bit flat."

Bridport Reserves: Fleet, Strelley, Storey, Mansley, Hill, Cooper, Ward, Hull, Scadding, Cornish, Radivosja Subs not used: Bagg, Riley, Payne