Bridport 71

Lytchett Minster 15

BRIDPORT battered Lytchett Minster by scoring eleven tries with eight conversions for a resounding 71-15 victory.

The Blues got on the scoreboard quickly as early pressure from the kick off in the Lytchett 22 resulted in Daragh Mcoughlin taking a quick penalty to go in under the posts.

Lytchett came back at the Blues putting them under pressure in their 22 but a series of handling errors soon allowed Bridport to clear their lines.

Soon after an excellent interchange of passes between Mitch Waters and Nathan Herbert led to a final pass that allowed Richard Pearce to go over the line.

Following a brief period of defending in the Bridport 22 they again threatened the Lytchett line only for Dave Cutting and then Waters to be held up.

Lytchett cleared their line but this led to a lineout where Richard Pearce made a clean break offloading for Mitch Waters to go under the posts.

Bridport Debutant Colt Ellis Blackburn playing on the left wing soon made an excellent break down the line into Lytchett’s 22, from the resulting lineout Nathan Herbert broke through the defence with Richard Pearce on hand to score.

Lytchett went offside during another Blues attack and Daragh Mcloughlin took advantage with a quick penalty.

Lytchett’s problems were only worsened when they went a man down through injury.

Despite this a loose ball allowed Lytchett to score to reduce their arrears as the half ended 37-7 to the Blues.

The second half started with Bridport conceding a soft penalty in their 22 which Lytchett didn’t run as they took the three points.

The game endured a quiet period before Rory Greening broke clean through into the 22 after a scrum and his well weighted kick through was gathered by Waters who scored.

A turnover ball from a scrum soon after saw Daragh Mclouglin clean through under the posts with a Lytchett player yellow carded for an attempted trip putting Lytchett down to 13 players.

This meant the away side were stretched further and from a lineout on halfway Rory Greening made a break into the 22 and Richard Pearce was on hand to take the scoring pass and go over in the corner.

Young Blackburn in an impressive debut then sidestepped his way brilliantly passed three defenders offloading to Waters who outpaced the defence to score.

A series of drives and loose defending from Bridport saw Lytchett break the defence and score in the corner.

In the closing stages the Blues midfield of Waters, Herbert and Pearce combined well to give Pearce two more tries.

The Blues next game is away to New Milton on 4 November and a home match against Wimborne on 11 November.