One person had to be treated for smoke inhalation due to a kitchen fire in Bridport.

Two fire engines were called to a property on Dibdin View, in Bridport at 8.03pm.

A tea towel left on a cooker hob had caught fire.

Neighbours were alerted by working smoke alarms and raised the alarm.

One person was treated for smoke inhalation by the ambulance service. 

A spokesperson for Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service said: "We were called at 8.03pm yesterday with reports of a property fire on Dibdin View, Bridport. 

"Two fire engines from Bridport were mobilised and on arrival found there had been a small kitchen fire involving a tea towel left on a cooker hob. 

"The fire was out on the arrival of the crews. They isolated the gas supply to the cooker and the stop was in at 8.33pm."