Firefighters rushed to a home where burnt food had been accidentally left unattended whilst cooking.

One fire crew from Charmouth was called to a home where alarms were sounding at 3.39pm on Tuesday, July 2

The alarms were set off by burnt cooking accidentally left unattended.

A spokesperson for Charmouth Fire Station said: "After checking that the homeowner was okay we used our positive-pressure ventilation fan to clear the smoke from the property.

Firefighters using the ventilation fanFirefighters using the ventilation fan (Image: Charmouth Fire Station)

"Luckily a serviceable smoke alarm alerted the homeowner and us to the danger in time so that the situation didn't escalate into a kitchen fire.

"Please make sure that you have smoke alarms fitted in your property and that they are in date and tested regularly."