A huge fire broke out at a bakery in Axminster. 

Crews from Lyme Regis, Charmouth and Axminster fire stations were called to Millwey, Axminster at 7.53am on Wednesday, June 5 after huge clouds of smoke were seen coming from a commercial bakery. 

An aerial ladder platform from Yeovil Fire Station was also sent to the scene along with a supporting officer. 

Once firefighters arrived on scene, they gained entry to the property and used two hose reel jet, a 1 x 45mm safety jet and four people wore breathing apparatus to extinguish the fire. 

The cause of the fire is believed to have been accidental. 

A spokesperson for Axminster Fire Station said: "At 7.53am on Wednesday, June 5, fire control received a call from a member of the public reporting smoke issuing from the roof of a commercial building in Millwey, Axminster.

"Control immediately mobilised Axminster, Lyme Regis Fire Station Charmouth Fire Station, the Aerial ladder platform from Yeovil Fire Station along with a supporting officer.

"This was a fire within a commercial unit measuring approximately 35 x 10 Metres, the fire was located in a central unit which contained a commercial bakery.

"The main fire affected a fridge freezer unit and its content which was 100% damaged by fire, with smoke damage throughout the remainder of the property, the fire was extinguished using 4 x breathing apparatus, 1 x 45mm safety jet, 1 x triple extension ladder, 1 x thermal imaging camera and small tools.

"The cause of the fire was believed to have been accidental."