A MUM told of the moment she saw a woman armed with a large kitchen knife kicking her neighbour's door in Bridport.

The mum was putting her child to bed when she heard a commotion outside and someone making threats.

The woman with the knife, 21-year-old Jasmine Thomson, has now appeared in court to admit offences in relation to the incident in Doctor Roberts Close around 7pm on Sunday, June 27.

Weymouth Magistrates’ Court heard how Thomson had gone to the property with another woman to discuss a 'private matter' with the occupant.

Referring to a witness statement, prosecutor Andrew Newman said a neighbour heard Thomson ‘making threats’ and demanding to see the person who lived inside.

The statement said: “The voices were threatening and I was really concerned. I shouted to them from my house to get away as there are kids here."

Mr Newman said: “The witness called the police and told the police to get there quickly.”

An image of the incident, captured on a CCTV camera, showed Thomson with a kitchen knife in her right hand standing at the door.

The witness added she was ‘very worried’ about her neighbour’s welfare.

She added: “The two females left on foot. I knocked on my neighbour’s door to see if she was ok."

Thomson, of Forty Foot Way, West Bay, admitted threatening and abusive words and behaviour, possession of a knife in a public area and breach of a conditional discharge.

Fiona Larkin, mitigating, said Thomson ‘regrets’ what happened.

She said: “Since this incident, she has not got into any further trouble and behaved herself. She has thought about what she has done and she’s separated herself from this person (she was with)."

Ms Larkin added Thomson has a learning difficulty ‘which has made her behave in a way in these circumstances.’

She added: “She apologised to the neighbour. She had the knife, but she didn’t use it to threaten anyone.”

Chairman of the Bench, Mike Davis, said: “The person inside must have been petrified."

Thomson was issued a six-month prison sentence, suspended for 18 months, for the knife offence and two weeks imprisonment, suspended for 18 months, each for threatening words and behaviour and breach of conditional discharge, to be served concurrently.

She was placed under electronic curfew for four months to remain at home between 7pm and 7am, and ordered to pay £128 victim surcharge and £85 costs.

Mr Davis said: “We don’t want to see you back in court. If you come here again, you will be going to prison.”