Firefighters rescued some chickens after a shed caught fire in a garden.

Beaminster firefighters were alerted to a property at Wayford, near Crewkerne, Somerset, at 6.30pm yesterday.

Crewkerne firefighters also attended.

Bridport and Lyme Regis News:

Pictures: Beaminster Fire Station


The crews extinguished a fire involving an outbuilding using hosereel jets.

It is understood a shed caught fire which affected an adjoining chicken coop.

Firefighters were thanked by the owner for rescuing the chickens and making the scene safe.

Bridport and Lyme Regis News: