Paramedics and the coastguard were called out to help a man suffering with breathing problems after he swallowed a wasp.

The 40-year-old angler was fishing on Chesil Beach at Abbotsbury when he began having breathing difficulties after he swallowed a wasp at around 6pm yesterday.

West Bay Coastguard officers were called out to assess the man who did not appear to have been badly stung and was not having an allergic reaction.

The South Western Ambulance Service were on their way to see the man but, after speaking with him on the phone, they decided he did not need any medical attention.

The coastguard officers were stood down and the man went back to his evening of fishing.

A spokesman for West Bay Coastguard Rescue Team said: "Stay safe on the coast this Summer. But if you find yourself in difficulty or if you are concerned for others, do not hesitate... dial 999 and ask for the coastguard."