A fire alarm sparked by cooking prompted an emergency response.

Two crews of firefighters were sent to a property in Beaminster early today in response to alarms sounding.

One fire engine from Bridport station and one from Beaminster were sent to the scene at just before 12.30am

Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service said the alarm was activated due to cooking. The brigade reminded residents to never leave cooking unattended and to ensure there is good ventilation/extraction. Properties should also be fitted with smoke alarms.