ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 -SECTION 14(1)(a) AND REGULATION 16(2) OF THE MOTORWAYTRAFFIC (ENGLAND AND WALES) REGULATIONS 1982 THE M1 MOTORWAYJJUNCTIONS 6TO 10) THE M25 MOTORWAY(JUNCTION 21) AND THE A414 TRUNK ROAD (HEMEL HEMPSTEAD, HERTFORDSHIRE) (TEMPORARYRESTRICTION AND PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC) ORDER 201_Notice ID: MF0256312
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 -SECTION 14(1)(a) AND REGULATION 16(2) OF THE MOTORWAYTRAFFIC (ENGLAND AND WALES) REGULATIONS 1982 THE M1 MOTORWAYJJUNCTIONS 6TO 10) THE M25 MOTORWAY(JUNCTION 21) AND THE A414 TRUNK ROAD (HEMEL HEMPSTEAD, HERTFORDSHIRE) (TEMPORARYRESTRICTION AND PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC) ORDER 201_
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that Highways England Company Limited (a) intends to make an Order on the M1 and M25 Motorways and the A414 in the county of Hertfordshireand theborough of Luton to enable carriageway resurfacing, motorway communications, lighting, traffic signals, bridge works and routine maintenance works to be carried out in safety. The works areexpected to take place over approximately 4months (10pm-6am) commencing on or after Saturday 3February 2018, and would be carried out using acombination of carriageway, sliproad and lane closures. Hardshoulder running would be in place at times on the M1 between J6 and J10. Atemporary mandatory speed limit would be in force at times in the interest of safety The effect of the Order would be to -
1. impose for 24 hours daily, aspeed limit of 50 miles per hour, onthe M1 northbound and southbound carriageways between J6 and J10,
2. close the -
* M1 northbound carriageway from J6 to J10,
* M1 southbound carriageway from J10 to J6,
* Mlnorthboundentry slip road at J6,
* M25 link roads from the clockwise and anticlockwise carriageways of the M25 at J21 leading to the northbound M1 at J6A, and
* M1 northbound and southbound entry and exit slip roads at Junctions 8, 9, and 10, and
* A414 eastbound and westbound carriageways between Green Lane Roundabout, Hemel Hempstead and Park Street Roundabout, St Albans.
M1 northbound -
* between J6 and J8, traffic will be diverted via the A405 and A414 to re-join the M1 at J8,
* between J8 and J9, traffic will be diverted via the A414, A4147, A5183 to re-jointhe M1 at J9,
* between J9 and J10, traffic will be diverted via the A5 then A505 to re-jointhe M1 at J11 and continue or returnsouth to J10,
* entry slip roads at J6A, diverting traffic westbound on M25 to J21A, exit then A405 North Orbital Road, A414 to join the M1 at J8,
* exit slip road at J8, diverting traffic to continue to J9 then returnsouthbound and exit at J8, and
* entry slip road at J9, traffic will be diverted via the A5 then A505 to re-jointhe M1 at J11 or returnsouth to J10,
M1 southbound -
* between J10 and J9, diverting traffic at M1 J11 via A505 then A5 to re-join the M1 at J9,
* entry slip road at J8, diverting traffic via A414 to Park Street Roundabout then, A405 North Orbital Road to re-join the M1 at J6, and
* exit slip road at J9, diverting traffic at M1 J11 via A505 then A5 to the M1 at J9.
During slip road closures if not specified above, traffic wishing to enter or exit the M1 would be diverted on or offthe motorway at the nearest open slip road and returntothe original junction via the opposite carriageway in order to continue their journey. The temporary mandatory speed restriction (which would not apply to emergency services or special forces vehicles) and closures (which would not apply to works, emergency service, traffic officer or winter maintenance vehicles) would be clearly indicated by traffic signs throughout the works. The Order would come into force on 2February 2018 and have amaximum duration of 18 months.
Mrs YA Tomkins, Highways England Company Limited Registered in England and Walesunder Company No. 9346363. Registered Office: Bridge House, Walnut Tree Close, Guildford, Surrey,GU1 4LZ. General Enquiries relating to this notice may be made in writing to David Elwyn at Highways England Company Limited, Woodlands, Manton Lane, Bedford, MK41 7LW, by telephoning 0300 470 4829 or email to email@example.com