Contact the Bridport News with your stories, pictures and video footage. Send us an email
Burton Bradstock fire prompts safety warning.
RESIDENTS have been warned about the dangers of leaving cooking unattended after a fire in a flat.
Firefighters were alerted to a property in South Annings, Burton Bradstock, early today where there was a blaze in a ground floor kitchen.
The fire, which was out on the arrival of firecrews, was caused by overcooked toast setting a toaster alight.
Dorset Fire and Rescue Service said the occupants were lucky as they had working smoke detectors fitted in the flat.