Contact the Bridport News with your stories, pictures and video footage. Send us an email
Name: Stephen Crabb
Candidate for: Preseli Pembrokeshire
In 2000, Stephen was selected as Conservative Candidate for the Preseli Pembrokeshire constituency to contest the 2001 General Election. After a strong campaign he succeeded in reducing the Labour majority from 8,736 to 2,946 a swing of 6.3%, the largest in Wales.
He was selected again in 2003 to fight the seat for the 2005 General Election and was elected with a majority of 607 making him the youngest Conservative MP currently at Westminster.
Since the election, Stephen has taken a full and active role in Parliament, with voting records in the top 10% of all MPs. He is a member of the Welsh Affairs Select committee, sits on the Parliamentary Youth Affairs and British Dental Association Groups. He shares his office with David Jones MP, David Davies MP and Daniel Kawczynski MP at Westminster.
In January 2009, Stephen became an Opposition Whip.
GENERAL ELECTION 2010 – LATEST NEWS
- Four-fifths of new university and college students own smartphones
- £130m investment set to boost Black Country employment
- Black-tie bash for James Bond will be golden for trust
- Government to end top-down targets
- Coalition 'boosting reform plans'
- Home information packs to be axed
- Alcohol sales below cost price axed
- Estate agents hail demise of Hips
- Report on voting chaos published
- Cameron to hold talks with Sarkozy
Bridport and Lyme Regis News is not responsible for the content of external internet sites.