Flats evacuated after gas leak

Flats evacuated after gas leak

Flats evacuated after gas leak

First published in News
Last updated

LYME REGIS: A mains pipe gas leak in View Road resulted in the evacuation of three flats and an unknown number of occupants on Tuesday afternoon.

According to the Dorset Fire and Rescue Service, crews attending the scene used breathing apparatus to enter the premises.

The cause of the leak was determined to be a failed weld on a gas pipe.

Crews provided a temporary seal to the pipe before leaving the scene at around 1.50pm.

Officials from the building’s gas supply firm also attended the scene.

Comments

Post a comment

Remember you are personally responsible for what you post on this site and must abide by our site terms. Do not post anything that is false, abusive or malicious. If you wish to complain, please use the ‘report this post’ link.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree