Contact the Bridport News with your stories, pictures and video footage. Send us an email
Devizes (House of Commons)
Mrs Claire Perry MP (Conservative)
Surgery: Renelec House
46 New Park Street
Surgery Tel: 01380 729358
MP Since - 2010 Majority - 13,005 Born - 1964, Married (Clayton), 3 children.
Education - Nailsea Comprehensive, Brasenose College, Oxford (Geography), Harvard Business School, MBA.
Previous Occupation - Business - USA and UK - Credit Suisse First Boston, McKinsey, Bank of America. Political Adviser to George Osborne.
Personal Overview - Succeeded the long-time Parliamentarian the Marquess of Lothian, much better known as Michael Ancram, in this seat at the 2010 General Election. She has a strong pedigree in the business/financial world and good links to her constituency having been resident in the area for more than a decade. Already active in national politics through her involvement with the Shadow Treasury team she is a likely candidate for frontbench promotion, a desire for which was a requirement of her local Constituency Party during their candidate selection process.
Political History - Member for Devizes (2010-). Member of the Justice Select Committee (2010-11). PPS to Rt Hon. Philip Hammond, Secretary of State for Defence (2012-13). Assistant Government Whip (2013-).
Characteristics - Her husband is originally from New Zealand. Dog lover (ZinZan).
Business Tel: 020 7219 3000
Interests: Business & Finance,Agriculture,UK Economy,Family Issues,General Economy,Health
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Child Protection (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Connecting Communities (Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Environment Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Fairs and Showgrounds (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Female Genital Mutilation (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Primary Headache Disorders (Member)
- Historic Churches (Associate Group) (Vice Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for International Development and the Environment (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Group (Member)
- Parents and Families (Associate Group) (Vice Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Penal Affairs Group (Vice Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Pigs and Poultry (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Prison Health (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Prostitution and the Global Sex Trade (Treasurer)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Rural Services (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Sure Start Children's Centres (Member)
- United Nations Women Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for Women in Parliament (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Women in the Penal System (Secretary)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Women's Sport and Fitness (Member)
- British-Canadian Group (Member)
South West (European Parliament)
Earl William of Dartmouth MEP (UK Independence)
MEP Since - 2009 Born - 23/09/49. 10th Earl of Dartmouth.
Education - Eton. Christchurch College, Oxford. Harvard Business School.
Previous Occupation - Chartered Accountant, working in the United Arab Emirates (1975-77). Worked in the US for 6 years before returning to work in the UK in 1983 in finance, property and communications. Director, Hanson Transport. Chairman and Founder of Kirklees Cable.
Personal Overview - Former Conservative Peer who defected to the UK Independence party successfully gained election to the European Parliament at the 2009 elections. From a background in accountancy, he has worked in several countries, including the United Arab Emirates and US. A former Hereditary Peer, he lost his seat in the House of Lords in November 1999 in the Lords reforms of that year. Having reinvented himself as a UK Independence member he has the opportunity to use his accountancy skills to highlight any financial issues within the EU.
Political History - General Election candidate (Conservative) for Leigh (February 1974), Stockport South (October 1974). Succeeded his father to became a member of the House of Lords (1997-99). European Parliament candidate (1999). Joined the UK Independence Party (2007). Current prospective parliamentary candidate for Exeter. MEP South West Region (2009-). Member of the Committee on International Trade (2009-). Substitute member of the Foreign Affairs Committee.
Other Information - At Oxford he was elected Secretary of the Oxford Union.
Intergroups - N/a.
Business Tel: 32(0)2 28 49735
Interests: Business & Finance
- Foreign Affairs (Substitute)
- International Trade (Member)
Information supplied by Goveval. Send feedback to email@example.com