Contact the Bridport News with your stories, pictures and video footage. Send us an email
Click on date
to view announcements
Announcements for July 2005
() CHANT -
- Susan (Saus) nee Homewood, peacefully on the 17th July. Much loved daughter of Nesta and the late Norman, dear sister to Barry, Jenny, Jane and Sarah. She will be sadly missed.
() BARNSLEY -
- Muriel, peacefully on 21st July at Axminster Hospital after a long illness bravely fought, aged 86 years. A dear mother of Simon, much loved by all her family and friends. The funeral service will take place at Weymouth Crematorium on Thursday 4th August at 2.30pm. Flowers may be sent, or donations given for Age Concern c/o A.J. Wakely & Sons, 91 East Street, Bridport, DT6 3LB.
() BROOKS -
- Samuel John (Jack) peacefully on Tuesday 19th July in Lymewood Nursing Home, Uplyme, aged 88 years, formerly of Whitchurch Canonicorum. Funeral service to be held at Whitchurch Canonicorum Parish Church on (TODAY) Friday 29th July at 2pm followed by interment in the Churchyard. Family flowers only please but if desired donations to The Royal Agricultural Benevolent Institution c/o J.F. Clarke & Sons, Maryknoll, Lyme Street, Axminster, EX13 5AU or at the service.
() RAISON -
- Susan nee Plenty, passed away peacefully at Dorset County Hospital after an illness bravely fought on 25th July 2005 aged 54 years. Much loved wife to Michael and special mum to Hayley, Shirley, Beverley, Ashley, Gavin & Craig. Grandma to Ryan, Lauren, Kieran & Cameron and mother in law to Norman, Trevor & Stuart. Will be sadly missed by all family & friends. Funeral service will take place at Symondsbury Parish Church on Tuesday 2nd August at 2.00pm followed by burial. Family flowers only please but donations if desired to Weld, Trimar & CCD Trust c/o A.J. Wakely & Sons, 91 East Street, Bridport.
() LODDER -
- John died peacefully in Dorset County Hospital on 21st July 2005, aged 82 years. A much loved husband of Valerie, father of Tim, Chris and Alison, father in law to Kerstin and Janette, and a dear grandad to Liam. He will be sadly missed. Funeral service has taken place. Donations for SSAFA are still being accepted by A J Wakely & Sons, 91 East Street, Bridport, DT6 3LB.
() MILLINGTON -
- (Nee Heal)- Dina Frances suddenly but peacefully on Saturday 23rd July in Dorchester Hospital, aged 88 years. Devoted & greatly loved mother of Cora & Michael, James & Christine & grandmother of Alexander, Isabel, Robert & Catherine, beloved wife of the late Derrick. Funeral service to be held at St John Baptist Church Fishpond on Monday 1st August at 12.30pm followed by Cremation. Family flowers only please but if desired donations to Fishpond Parish Church or Save the Children Fund c/o J F Clarke & Sons, Maryknoll, Lyme Street, Axminster, EX13 5AU or at the service.