Contact the Bridport News with your stories, pictures and video footage. Send us an email
Click on date
to view announcements
Announcements for March 2007
() THIRLWELL -
- Geordie passed away suddenly in Dorchester Hospital aged 79 years on the 24th March 2007. Dear husband to Anne and loving father to Steve, Mark and Suzanne, father in law to Paula and partners Fran and Andrew and beloved grandad to Daniel, Analoise,Katie, Maxine, Joseph, Sophie, Jordan, Catherine and Jake and dear brother to Joan, George and Jimmy. Will be sadly missed by all his family and friends. Funeral service will take place at St Michael's Parish Church, Lyme Regis on Tuesday 10th April at 12.00noon followed by interment at Lyme Regis Cemetry. Family flowers only please, donations in memory of Geordie for The Shipwrecked Mariners' Society c/o A.J. Wakely & Sons, 7a Silver Street, Lyme Regis.
The funeral has taken place and Marian, Rick and Krys would like to express sincere thanks to Barton House, Dr. Payne, his excellent team of nurses for all their care and support given to us over the years. To the Rapid Response Team, all doctors and nurses on Day Lewis Ward for their kindness and all family and friends.
Leslie. Iris would like to thank friends & neighbours for their help, and all those who sent messages of sympathy upon the death of her husband.
() HANSFORD -
- Ron, peacefully in hospital on 26th March 2007 aged 75 years of Bridport. Beloved husband of Netta, dear father of Gini and Barbie, Grandad of Ben, Darren and Beckie, Father-in-law of Bill and Roy. The funeral service will take place at Balaclava House, 66 South Street, Bridport on Thursday 5th April at 12.30pm. Family flowers only please, donations if desired may be made for Weldmar Hospicecare Trust, c/o A.G. Down Funeral Directors, 66 South Street, Bridport, DT6 3NN. Tel: 01308 422643.
() HIGGINS To
To Steph (nee Pinan) and Dom. The precious gift of a daughter Hester Anemone. 27.3.07 A sister for Gabriel. With love from all the family.
() HAWKINS -
- Sydney Albert passed away peacefully on 24th March 2007 at Dorset County Hospital aged 86 years. Beloved husband of Ruby, dear father of Margaret, Philip and Keith and dear grandad to Cheryl, Laura, Joe and Ben. He will be sadly missed by all family and friends. Thanks giving service will take place at Christchurch Church, Melplash on Wednesday 4th April at 2.00pm. Family flowers only please but donations if desired for The Mark Broad Memorial Fund c/o A.J. Wakely & Sons, 91 East Street, Bridport.
Jamie Gay & Carly Rylatt, on the birth of your son, Caiden George 8lb. 3oz. born on March 27th. With much love from, Mum,Dad,Ryan,Lisa, Martin & Diesel, Granny & Grandad.
() BARTLETT -
- Nora Jean sadly passed away on Thursday 22nd March in Axminster Hospital, aged 79 years, sadly missed by her family & friends. Funeral service to be held at South Perrott Parish Church on Thursday 5th April at 2pm followed by Cremation. Family flowers only please but if desired donations to Cancer Research UK c/o J F Clarke & Son, Maryknoll, Lyme Street, Axminster, EX13 5AU or at the service.
() JAMES -
- Raymond (Ray) died peacefully on 25th March 2007 aged 78 years. Beloved husband to Linda and a much loved father, brother, grandfather, great grandfather and stepfather. Funeral service will take place at St Mary's Church, Bridport on Tuesday 3rd April at 11.00am. Family flowers only please donations for The British Heart Foundation may be sent c/o A.J. Wakely & Sons, 91 East Street, Bridport.